Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 February 2013

A weight off my mind!

It has been a good week all round, I have been out three times on the bike racking up a total of 100 miles and the healthy eating is starting to deliver results. Even West Ham won this week, so could not get much better than that. After the twenty miles in the high winds of Thursday I set myself the target of fifty on Friday, it was wet when I left and the wind chill made it a bit colder than I had expected. However the rain soon dried up and the coldness in my hands was not quite so bad now they were dry, I really can not wait till it warms up a bit and all I have to worry about is building up the miles and not about how I will keep from freezing. I enjoyed the ride and it was good to be able to get out in the saddle two days running, as the training progresses this will need to be two days running and four hours in the saddle each day, but for now just getting out is good enough. The other thirty miles was done today (Sunday) a blast out to Wallasea Island, a reasonably flat route that enables me to put some extra effort in and build some good speed. The wind was still blowing a bit and the way home was a little harder than normal. As I mentioned earlier I have been eating healthy since my Birthday on the 3rd of January and the big weigh in came at the end of the month. I was 17 stone on the 3rd and was looking to have dropped half a stone, so I was over the moon when the scales read 16 st 4lbs that was 10lbs lost in under a month WOW. So with four months to go till London to Paris I feel really positive and looking forward with a little less intrepidation than a couple of months ago, the big thing now on my mind is fund raising. £1,000 is my target and if everyone can give just a little I will feel all my efforts will be worthwhile, so if you can follow my link to the right for my just giving page I would be eternally grateful. With a renewed vigour "Roll on Paris".

No comments:

Post a Comment