Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 November 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog, I am a first time blogger and have been inspired by the challenge I am about to embark on. I took up cycling in March this year to take part in a charity event, riding 62 miles and raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. This has unleashed a passion that has seen me cycle over 1200 miles this year and turned me into what is commonly known as a MAMIL (middle aged man in Lycra).
 In my wisdom or a moment of madness I have signed up to the very challenging London to Paris ride next June, covering 460km in four days with 300 other cyclists, all with one goal. Supporting vital work to beat blood cancer, we can and will win if we can all pull together and this event alone will raise in excess of £300,000 for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.
 I will be putting myself to the ultimate challenge and enduring hours of training in all weathers to be in a position to achieve my goal.
 If you feel inspired by my endeavours and can find it in your heart to support such a worthy cause then please find my Just Giving page link on my home page.
 I will be posting updates on my training and fund raising efforts over the coming months, if you feel inspired to do something yourself to support charity by reading this then I have succeeded and made it all worth while.
 Thank you to everyone who ends up visiting my site and please wish me luck.

 Trevor

1 comment:

  1. I wish you loads of luck, and will support you all the way. But your washing your Lycra x

    ReplyDelete