Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 January 2013

Unstoppable!

It's been a long week at work and having to go in on my day off meant I didn't get out on the bike till this weekend (such a pain when work gets in the way of life). I did however receive the last of my Birthday presents through the post, a new Specialized S3 helmet and a fantastic Unstoppable Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research top and shorts. Looks great if a touch tight, need to keep going with the healthy eating if I want to look half decent come June. As the weekend approached and the weather men started threatening a load of snow I was thinking the weekend was not going to be kind to me, I should have trusted in the inability of the Met office to get it right. So come Sunday no Snow, however it was a bit chilly with a brisk wind making the chill factor below zero when I set off. The regular route out towards Wallasea was the order of the day with thirty miles ahead of me, I felt good still coming to terms with the clip less peddles and shoes. Seven miles in and my hands were suffering from the cold, with the feeling slowly ebbing away from my fingers, It was time to stop and get some heat into them before they went beyond redemption. Now back in the swing of things Wallasea marina soon loomed large on the horizon, turning straight round it was time to head for home. I had not set out with a sprint in mind but feeling great and favourable wind conditions I decided to attempt an increased pace. Getting into a high tempo rhythm I surprised myself while passing several other cyclists, boosting the ego on the way, you see I was expecting my burst of pace to last a few miles at best. However on this day I was super human and driven on by my new found powers I maintained a sustained pace all the way home, finishing with an average speed of 16mph for the thirty miles and the last fifteen over 17mph. Feeling it this evening though but intensely satisfied with my workout, Roll on Paris.

1 comment:

  1. You don't look to bad in your new outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete