Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 December 2012

A ride of two halves.

It's been a week of changeable weather with snow and ice in abundance for the first time this winter. However I did get out on Tuesday before it all began. It was a chilly morning but with blue sky and sunshine, very inviting. The forecast showed showers in the afternoon and a freshening wind. Being out early I thought I may miss the worst. So rapped up well I set off on a thirty mile route. How great did I feel, cruising along at a great pace, everything was good and I was thinking I could go all day if I wanted. My destination was again Wallasea Island and wow did I get there quick, averaging close to seventeen miles an hour I was feeling pretty chuffed with myself. Turning for home I had a big dose of reality, that freshening wind had obviously freshened a bit earlier than forecast and boy did I feel it. Life had just got that bit harder and I was now facing fifteen miles of graft into a wind that had been my friend till now. Muscles started working far harder and great speed became a thing of the past, while I was now feeling that giving up was  the better choice to going all day. Getting home was filled with satisfaction and an average pace still over fourteen mile an hour, I was still chuffed. Roll on Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment