Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 June 2013

Day two report

Well what a day, that was probably the best days cycling I have ever done. Everything was perfect, the weather was hot with a light breeze and riding in a group that was led by a support car with outriders on motor bikes closing every junction. Not only did the support make you feel special the ride had an even pace that let you cruise, eating the miles up while having the oportunity to chat riding side by side. This is as close to being a pro as I will ever get, talking of pros someone said today that we will do something that Bradley Wiggins won't and thats make Paris. There were several people fall today, nothing serious that I heard of thank god. I have to share Ian Wright's fall, sorry Ian. As the group slowed to a stop the rider by his side lost his balance and put a hand on Ian's shoulder, this sent Ian still clipped in heading in to the biggest bunch of stinging nettles ever. While there were several explitives and much laughter amoungst the group, Ian took it in great spirit and the defining image was of him stuffing dock leaves down his shorts, a top guy all round. As for me I had one near miss with a guy falling in front of me and the heat took its toll in the afternoon, I have never drunk so much and not needed the loo. So I actually feel great at the end of day two and am looking forward to tomorrow already, thanks for all the support and "Roll on Paris".


No comments:

Post a Comment