Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 May 2013

Target practice!

It has been a different week for me this past week. For once the cycling has not been the main focus of my efforts, instead it has been on the fund raising and along the way I have met some great people. The start of the week saw our grand raffle at work being drawn by Maisie, she is a wonderfully brave little girl who has survived Leukaemia and is so full of life. We raised over £600 in the raffle and also got some excellent column inches in the local paper "The Braintree and Witham Times"  have a look via the link: http://www.braintreeandwithamtimes.co.uk/news/10410115.Braintree__Maisie_draws_winning_ticket_at_raffle/?ref=mr

 |The best news of all was the fact that I have now passed my required target for the ride to Paris. All of the riders in the event were charged with raising a £1,000 minimum and this was probably as daunting to me as was all the training. However now I have reached it with four weeks to go I want more and feel that another £400 is not beyond the realms of possibility, so please keep on donating. To support this new challenge we are currently organising a quiz night and through Maisie's grandparents we now have a hall, thank you Mike and also to Jacquie who deals with bookings at The Great Notley church, your enthusiasm to the cause was great and we are looking forward to the church being represented at the quiz. It should be a great night as Angela has been working hard on the questions and I will do my best as quiz master, the problem will be that the stage will go to my head and I am sure the bad jokes will flow, why do all men think there funny on stage. I did ride this week, a good 53 miles on Tuesday at a pace of 16 mph, it was generally uneventful and I felt good afterwards, that was till the next day when I was a bit fatigued and in need of rest. So a few days off have followed, finished off by my wedding anniversary this weekend (23 years) with a bit too much excess if I'm honest. So it will be back to the bike this week and with only four weeks till the ride everything has become large on the horizon and Paris seems so close, so keep on supporting and follow me on my journey, "Roll on Paris".

No comments:

Post a Comment