Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 March 2013

Eggstreme at Easter, Brrrrrrr!

 Happy Easter to all my blog followers, I hope you managed to spend a bit of quality time with your families. It's tough for me working in DIY retail but I did spend a few hours today having dinner with my mum, brother and family. Today also See's the start of British summer time Ha Ha Ha Ha, and April fools is not till tomorrow. Joking aside another training ride this morning and again I was greeted with sub zero temperatures and frost on the ground, I must sound like a stuck record but how long before this winter ends, boring, tedious and abominable don't go far enough in describing the severity of the weather this year. With the cold weather ritual well rehearsed, snood on, layers of clothes duly applied and the gloves coming straight off the radiator on to my hands just before leaving. The cold of a frosty morning burns the back of your nostrils with those first deep breaths and as my speed picked up on that down hill stretch my cheeks felt the bite of the wind, by now my finger tips were loosing sensation and I started to question my sanity. It was 9am on Easter Sunday and apart from a handful of cars and the odd dog walker the only other people I saw were other daft cyclists, a rare breed or completely bonkers? It wasn't until about eight miles in that my core temperature rose and the feeling started to return to my fingers, it's at this point that I start to enjoy the ride as my focus is not on keeping warm but on performance, speed and the now beautiful countryside I was riding through. Twenty five miles was the order of the day as the before mentioned dinner date with mum beckoned, I could have done much more despite the cold but longer rides lay ahead.
So the end of another month means June 6th is just that little closer. What did March bring, apart from more cold horrible weather, well on the weight loss front I slowed up, I have lost another four pounds taking me to 15 stone 4 pounds. Total weight loss since the start of January is now 1 stone 12 pounds, Incredibly proud. Cycling wise despite the cold snow and ice I managed 190 miles in the month, I'm happy with that and with lighter evenings in April more miles will be the order of the day, watch this space. The final part of my March round up and the the most important is the reason I am putting all this effort in and that is fund raising for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. With a target of £1,000 I have reached £560 so far, thank you to all that have contributed. The best bit of news for me on this front is that LLR have included my blog within their official web page, please take a look at http://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/campaign/trevor-jackson. This great news has given my an immense sense of pride and spurned me on even more, so roll on April, roll on sunshine, roll on sponsors and most of all "Roll on Paris".

1 comment:

  1. Many of you that read this blog may not know Trevor , I just want to say he has put a lot of effort into this challenge and I am very proud of him. Please if you have taken the time to read this blog and have a little cash to spare go to his just giving page a place a donation. It's for a great cause and for a man that only took up cycling just over a year ago a big challenge. As Trevor says roll on Paris.

    ReplyDelete